A Dynamic Year of Education, Networking, Volunteering, and Recruitment Planned
By Heidi Loewe
The Wisconsin Chapter is shaping up to have a great year and looking forward to what lies ahead! After navigating through 2021 and continued COVID challenges, we are putting our best foot forward and would like to share our plans for Spring 2022.
During 2022, we will continue to offer hybrid educational presentations both in-person electronic platforms, using social media to ensure all members statewide receive timely information.
- New for 2022: Wisconsin Chapter will be posting local events on the GAPNA Exchange and the National Calendar for real-time updates to larger audience and other GAPNA Chapter members.
- Focus on students. We encourage involvement and more student members!
- New for 2022: Opportunity for a Student at Large position with Wisconsin Chapter Board of Directors. Spread the word!
- Encourage membership involvement and spotlight benefits of GAPNA membership at the local and national levels.
- Encouraging member use of the GAPNA Exchange and awareness of benefits of membership right at their fingertips on the GAPNA website, including free NCPD credits!
Upcoming Events/Works in Progress
Wisconsin GAPNA Gives Back – First Annual Service Project: In January, chapter members made and donated 100 bags to the Day-by-Day Homeless Shelter (Oshkosh) and to Street Life (Metro Milwaukee) that service older adults who are in need of warm winter wear items. Each reusable bag included a pair of warm socks, a winter hat, handwarmers, treat, and water with “Warm Wishes from WI GAPNA.” Thank-you to all who volunteered at Street Life and Day by Day and gave us the service project recommendation!
Continuing Education/Programming: First Annual Wisconsin GAPNA Educational Conference in collaboration with Bellin College (coming 2022). In February, a virtual education program, Focus on COPD Management in Older Adults, is planned. Date and invite to follow.
Member Recruitment: March Madness – Posting weekly geriatric-focused practice pearls for members to comment and win prizes. Raffle for Starbucks cards and more! Stay tuned.
2022 Student Networking Events: At universities and advanced practice programs around the state. NP panel question/answer. Student membership incentives and scholarships.
Heidi Loewe, MSN, APNP, GNP-BC