GAPNA Leadership Institute (GLI) Purpose:
To develop, support, and enrich the leadership skills of GAPNA members to prepare them for leadership roles and opportunities within GAPNA and other organizations that advance the care of older adults.
- Develop leaders with an increased understanding of the inner workings of GAPNA professional organizations.
- Provide participants with individualized mentorship and opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with peers and mentors.
- Increase capacity for leadership to advance healthcare of older adults through GAPNA and in the healthcare community.
- Meet the expectation of corporate partners to serve as leadership incubators for their employees.
Preview of the GLI Topics
- Exploring leadership styles, Finding our strengths, & Making meaning
- Strategic Leadership
- Managing Change
- Building Effective Teams
- Coaching Conversations & Conflict management
- Leadership Development
- Work Life Integration
- Project Planning
Is The Leadership Institute For You?
The GAPNA Leadership Institute is open to GAPNA members looking to:
- Receive individualized mentorship to establish a personal leadership development plan.
- Develop leadership skills to foster collaboration with stakeholders to improve the healthcare of older adults through practice, education, and advocacy.
- Model the principles, qualities, and responsibilities of effective leadership.
- Improve communication strategies essential for all leaders.
- Establish meaningful peer relationships.
- Explore GAPNA operations.
This is an 18-month leadership program that includes both online synchronous and face-to-face components. A nationally recognized nurse leader facilitates the curriculum. All fellows will work one-on-one with GLI mentors, all of whom have held or currently hold leadership positions within GAPNA.