Grants Available for Research and Scholarship
By Jennifer Serafin
The GAPNA Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 applications are open for research and scholarship grants. Available grants include:
- GAPNAF/Center for Clinician Advancement: UnitedHealth Group Grant ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Research Award ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Project Grant ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Virginia Lee Cora Research/Project Grant ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Barbara Resnick Grant ($2,000
- GAPNAF Foundation Grant ($2,000)
Applications are due by May 15, 2022, and winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon at GAPNA’s 2022 Annual Conference, September 15-17 in Orlando, FL. View all GAPNA and GAPNAF Awards & Scholarships.
- Applicant must be a current GAPNA member. If you are not a current member, you may include a GAPNA membership application and fee with the grant application.
- Members may apply for more than one grant.
- Each award is limited to one per person per year.
- Each grant is time limited and must be used during the 12 months following award.
- Grant funds must be used strictly for expenses related to the proposed research. No indirect expenses will be covered.
Proposal Requirements: The proposal must be relevant to nursing care of older adults.
- Evidence-based: examines and/or provides support for decision making in clinical practice.
- Outcomes-based: designed to measure and improve health outcomes for older adults.
Review Criteria: Reviewers will evaluate the application using the following criteria:
- Overall impact
The Foundation is looking forward to competitive applications for the grants. Please spread the word or start on your application(s) now!
Jennifer Serafin, GNP
Chair, GAPNA Foundation