Celebrating the Strength of Nursing: GAPNA’s Premier Virtual Conference
The 2020 GAPNA Annual Conference is going virtual!
Tune in for live education beginning Tuesday, September 22, through Saturday, September 26, 2020. This dynamic event will incorporate what’s best about connecting with colleagues and nursing leaders at our conference with what’s best about distancing for individual health.
You’ll enjoy the same vibrant programming, inspiring speakers, and welcoming community you’ve always experienced at GAPNA conferences.
What to Expect
- Access to live sessions and on-demand pre-recorded sessions.
- General and breakout sessions on current important topics relevant to your practice.
- Exhibitor Directory – Connect with exhibitors live to support our exhibitors and GAPNA!
- Industry-Supported Product Theaters – Industry representatives will host sessions that provide information on specific products or services of interest to NPs.
- Online poster presentations – Access posters on-demand and listen to selected recordings on-demand.
- More contact hours than ever!
These dynamic workshops offer a deep dive into key topics and issues related to advanced practice gerontological nursing.
- Dementia Care Specialists Clinical Skills Training (2-day event)
- Gerontological Specialist Certification Exam Review Workshop (2-day event)
- Medication Safety Updates for Older Adults
- Bonus Session: PAIN COACH
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Engaging Clinical Preceptors to Prepare Advanced Practice Nurses to Care for Older Adults
- When Non-Pharmacological Approaches Are Not Enough: Psychotropic Medication Management of Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Dementia
- America’s Health Rankings® – Shaping the Future of Public Health
- GAPNA Health Affairs Committee: A Year in Review and Looking Forward
- Bonus Session: Building Pathways in Pain Management: Osteoarthritis and Chronic Low Back Pain
Sample of Concurrent Sessions
- The Gerontological Patient in the Emergency Department
- Palliative Wound Care
- Disaster Management
- Hidden Tears of the Homebound
- Get Paid for Practice: Quality Care Means Aligning Quality Measures, Risk Adjustment, and Performance Management (HEDIS)
- Delivering Difficult News: What NPs Need to Know
- and Much More!
In-Depth Focus Sessions
- Trauma-Focused Care Topics
- Trauma-Informed Care for the Older Adult
- Recognizing, Diagnosing, and Treating PTSD in Older Adults
- No Time for Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda: Refining 12/15 Lead EKG Interpretation Skills
Adaptability is a hallmark of nurses, and we know it is the key to our shared success during these times. We look forward to having you join us as part of GAPNA’s virtual conference!