Purpose: Facilitates and collaborates dissemination of mental health aspects of older adults to GAPNA members. The SIG also undertakes any additional tasks assigned by the GAPNA Executive Board as appropriate.
Goals: Submit an abstract to the 2023 annual conference. Publish article on PTSD in older adults.
Progress & Achievements:
- Published 2 articles:Culturally Informed Mental Health Care of Marginalized Older Adults and Basic Considerations for Understanding and Treating Delirium Psychosis in Older Adults"
- Created the videos on NPS in Dementia and submitted this for the innovative project award.
- Two SIG members ran for board positions.
- Two SIG members accepted for podium presentation at 2022 annual conference: Social Isolation in Older Adults.
- Podcast on trauma informed care.
Meeting Information: Bi-monthly Zoom call (agendas are posted to the GAPNA exchange)
Additional Ways to Contribute: Participate in GAPNA podcasts as appropriate. Submit clinical pearls to journal.