The Special Interest Group Excellence Award honors a SIG that best promotes the goals of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) through its member involvement, professional activities, and promotion of Gerontological advanced practice gerontological nursing during the past year.
The award recognizes a SIG that promotes engagement of members in the area of special interest and in the advancement of gerontological nursing practice.
Examples of the following are appropriate for consideration:
- Overall SIG Organization, Structure and relationship to National Organization.
- Evidence of member participation in the area of special interest.
- Position papers, white papers relative to the area of special interest and/or gerontological advanced practice nursing.
- Involvement and outcomes in practice issues.
- Involvement and outcomes in community service.
- Involvement and outcomes in legislative activities.
- Development of resources relative to the area of special interest.
- Development of evidence-based practice documents and best practices in the area of special interest.
- Development of activities promoting quality health care of older adults.
- Development of partnerships to encourage advanced nursing practice, policy and research.
- The SIG must be officially recognized by the GAPNA Board of Directors.
- The SIG must be current in all SIG obligations and in good standing with the GAPNA National Office.
- The completed application must be received by the National Office by the given deadline.
- Please note: Only ONE application per SIG will be accepted and must be submitted by the SIG Chair or designee. Any SIG nominations forms submitted to the National Office by a SIG member will be returned to the SIG Chair.
Applications are accepted March 1 through June 1 every year. Applications are now closed.